Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mourinho rides in to rescue Rooney

Despite David Moyes' best efforts to end all Wayne Rooney transfer speculation, talk of the Manchester United striker's potential summer exit continues.

Moyes insists Rooney is not for sale, but that has not stopped Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho declaring his admiration for the former Everton forward.

"Rooney is a player I like very much but I can say no more than that," he said. "Being fast and direct, I like that, but he's a Manchester United player."

Mourinho's comments prompted a response from Old Trafford boss Moyes, who is adamant the Premier League champions will reject advances from potential suitors.

"Unless I was speaking double Dutch, I said Wayne Rooney is not for sale," Moyes said.

"People are entitled to talk about players. I think I have really covered all the things on Wayne. Manchester United is about a team, not one individual." 

No comments :