Saturday, October 19, 2013

Omar Momani interviews "the Running man" Vu Xuan Tien




In 490 BC, Pheidippides a Greek hero ran from the battle of Marathon to Athens to give the people the news in a story reflects loyalty and sacrifice. Vu Xuan Tien a gunner fan from Vietnam, ran a 5 kilometers on foot to chase the bus of his favorite team on their visit to his country, in a move which let Arsene Wenger that Tien is an inspiration to his team. I made a cartoon on this incidence last July and recently contacted with "the Running Man" and asked him for a special interview which he agreed.

1 - Can you give us a short brief on you?
My name is Vu Xuan Tien, I was born in 6th May, 1993 and I’m the last year student of Pharmacy Central College. I became a fan of Arsenal at the age of 5, I think I was effected by my grandfather and my father. All members of our family love Arsenal and Professor Arsene Wenger.

 2 - When you met Arsenal stars in the bus, were you surprised of their characteristic?
Certainly. I was so surprised because the players look tall and muscular, especially friendly. I was happy when Professor Wenger smiled at me. That was fantastic!!!


3 - Who is the best gunner player to consider as a buddy?
All the players are buddies ‘because I can feel their spirit, their passion for Arsenal.

4 - Where there any funny or bizarre moments?
When I was invited to get in the bus, they made applause and asked me to name the players. I named all the players (in the first and second squad).

5 - If Wenger asked for your advice what would you advice him?
 My advice? It’s very simple: “We all love Arsenal and always support the club even they had 8 years without any trophy and I think Arsenal will achieve triple this season for their endeavor.


6 - Can Arsenal win trophies this season, especially with the arrive of Ozil?
Yes, I do believe that Arsenal will win triple this season after such a long time of effort and sacrifice. I’m sure this year will be Arsenal’s year. Regarding Ozil, he’s a great player and deserved with what Arsenal spent for. But Arsenal is successful for its consolidation, every player plays important role in the club and that’s the most important.

5 - Who is your favorite Arsenal player at the moment and in history?
It’s Mikel Arteta. I was impressed by Henry and Bergkamp too. They devoted for the success of the club and helped the club get over their difficulties. That’s why I love them.


6 - Do you follow Goal.com news and of course Cartoon of the day, and what was your reaction when you saw a cartoon on you?
Yes, I follow goal.com and I watch cartoon there as well. I’m so happy and excited about a cartoon on me. Thank you so much.


7- If I want to visit Vietnam where do you recommend me to visit and what is the best food?
There are so many nice places and good food to recommend. Just contact me, I will take you at the airport and show you around to nice places and try delicious foods.


And I will of course J

Tien told me also that he is been invited by Danish Ambassador John Nielsen, and he just joined in a mount marathon competition in Sapa town, 42km challenging distance together with many professionals from other countries. Tien the Pheidippides of Arsenal will always surprise us J.

Further reading:


 

1 comment :

Hah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.