Friday, November 1, 2013

the Jordanian national team and the idea thief

On the September 2011, I drew a cartoon on Jordan achievement in the World Cup qualifications first phase in Asia, which was a “Football” wears an Arabic “Keffiyeh” (a traditional headdress) and heading to Brazil with slogan يلا عالبرزيل (Let’s go to Brazil) and so that the illustration was later published through Goal.com the Arabic edition.


Later on it popped to my mind an idea to draw a mascot to Jordan with a business plan to establish a T Shirt and merchandising industry to supports the Jordanian national team. So I went the Jordan Football Association on the 15th of May 2012 to meet the marketing manager Mohannad Mahadeen to work with the JFA on the idea. Mahadeen asked me to draw a mascot which I made him an eagle wears the Jordanian jersey.



Later he told me that the JFA can’t afford to spend on the project because they don’t have the cash. Later I was surprised to see the JFA is asking an advertising agency to design a mascot with using my slogan (Let’s go to Brazil) and recently they are printing T-Shirts with it to sell it to the markets before the important matches between Jordan and Uruguay.




 

1 comment :

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.