Friday, January 3, 2014

Solskjaer hopes for Cardiff communication

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer faced the media for the first time on Thursday after being officially unveiled as the new Cardiff City manager.

The jury is out regarding whether or not the Manchester United striker was wise to take the reins of the Welsh outfit following the acrimonious nature of the departure of Malky Mackay, who many felt was harshly treated by Vincent Tan, the club's owner.

Solskjaer will be hoping to open a better line of communication with Tan, who has reportedly promised the Norwegian that there will be money to spend in the January transfer window.

However, Solskjaer would not be drawn on any transfer targets on Thursday.

"I love working with young, enthusiastic players who want to learn and improve," he said.

"I have not read the papers, I have not seen the reports. But I am looking at the possibilities and the options we have.

"For now the most important thing is for me to work with the players who are here as they are a great bunch of lads.

"I have spoken to all of them and they have impressed me with their attitude. I can see they want to do well for themselves and the club."
Friday, January 3, 2014 16:15

No comments :