Thursday, May 8, 2014

Zanetti calls time on career

Zanetti in history cartoon
Javier Zanetti has confirmed he will call time on his 22-year career at the end of the season.

The 40-year-old will bow out at Inter having won Serie A five times, the Coppa Italia on four occasions, and the Champions League once.

"I feel that now is the right time to do it," he told La Nacion.

"Football has given me so much, and I have enjoyed every moment. Because after the achilles injury last April, I wanted to demonstrate that I could return and be competitive, but I could not.

"I feel complete and have realized that to retire at 40 is a priceless feeling. For me it is something that has immense value and now is the right time. Do I fear life after this? No, there is no fear."
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 12:00

No comments :