Thursday, February 6, 2014

Miami Spice! Beckham announces MLS franchise


Move over, LeBron James! There's a new sporting superstar in town.

David Beckham has announced that he will be fronting the formation of a new Major League Soccer franchise in Miami.

Beckham only retired in May 2013, aged 38, following a short but successful spell with Paris Saint-Germain but has wasted little time in getting involved in football again.

"This is an exciting time for myself, my family, my friends and partners, and it is something we are really looking forward to bringing to Miami," he said.

"We're planning to bring a team that will be a global team. I want to create a team that we can start from scratch and I am going to work hard for this city to make this team very successful. It is an exciting time.

"I have worked with some of the biggest clubs and greatest players and this is a dream."


Thursday, 6 February 2014 10:15

No comments :